Friday, November 29, 2013

Felt Christmas Tree

I thought it would be fun to have a large felt tree in the children's section of the library with felt ornaments to trim the it with.  The tree on the book shelf is about 2 1/2 feet tall.  I made a slightly larger one to hang in my Storytime room as well.  The kids will have fun decorating a tree over and over!
 
What you will need:
  • Large piece of green felt
  • lots of colorful felt for the ornaments (scrap pieces work great for this)
  • Permanent markers
  • Tape (to adhere felt tree to shelf)
  • Scissors
  • Pictures of ornaments to trace(optional)
 
Here's the tree all decorated and attached to the side of the shelf. 
The tree is just waiting for little ones to decorate it. 
I made a basket of ornaments for the kids to use.  I will be making a few extra sets incase ornaments get ruined or disappear.  :-) 
Enjoy! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment