Tuesday, May 28, 2013

DIY Magnets

I mentioned in an earlier post about Chic Tags and how they post free tags on Fridays.  I decided to take some of their cute tags and turn them into magnets to add to my chalkboard that is painted on the end of one of our shelving units.

Last week I purchased a sticker/magnet maker (Xyron Creative Station)  using an oh-so-handy 50% off coupon.  Love those things!  I wanted to test out the magnets and this is what I came up with.  It was quick and easy, but I would like to use kid's and teen's art work for an actual program.  Of course, these little magnets add a bit of character to my normally plain board.  

First I cut out my tags.
Ran them through the Creative Station machine,
Cut them out of the magnet leaving an edge so that the laminate would not peel off around the edge of the tag.
And then stuck them on my announcement board! 
(Sorry for the poor quality picture.  Library lighting in this area is not the greatest for pictures)

No comments:

Post a Comment