Thursday, April 18, 2013

Chalkboard Paint Craft Ideas

I've posted about chalkboard paint before, but I wanted to share some of the things I have done with it.
For one of the Teen Art Clubs I pulled out some old pieces of cork that I saved years ago and cut them into 5"x 5" squares.  The teens painted the cork any way they wanted to and then stapled ribbon to the back of it.  This can be used at home or in a locker at school for friends to write messages on.  The one to the left in this picture is a $1.00 wooden picture frame from AC Moore.  It can be hung on a wall by a nail or it has a peg that allows the frame to stand on its own. For this the teens painted the inside of the frame (some chose to paint the outside as well. 
This is painted on the end of one of the shelves in the teen section.  I thought it would be a great place to post upcoming events and information for the teens.  I printed out a shape using Microsoft Publisher and had a Page trace it on the shelf in pencil and then paint the shape according to the instructions on the chalkboard paint bottle.  
There's so many crafts that can be done using chalkboard paint.  I've experiment with painting over old cds, but I have not decided what exactly I want to do with them.  I hope this post gets your creative juices flowing and you can come up with some great ideas to use with chalkboard paint. If you come up with something, please share!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment