Friday, March 1, 2013

Dinosaur Craft

I came across this idea here while searching for new craft ideas and made it a little bit different.  I found some dinosaur cutouts in my supplies the other day and wanted to make a cute craft out of it.  This is what I decided on and it's super easy to make.  
All You need is:
  • Small paper plates (1 for the top and 1 for the bottom)
  • Stapler
  • Crayons
  • Dinosaur picture or cutout
  • Scissors
  • Glue sticks



Have the kids color the top of their eggs before you cut them and decorate their dinosaur   They can get creative with patterns and colors.  
Cut the top plate in half making a zig zag line so it looks like a cracked egg.

Glue the dinosaur to the bottom plate.  Using a stapler attach the top plate to the bottom plate.  I used three staples on either side.  Make sure you line up the top halves as best you can.  The top will fold open easily to show the baby dinosaur inside.

I will be using this craft for my evening storytime to go along with some dinosaur books.  This would also be a fun and easy craft for this year's Summer Reading theme: Dig Into Reading!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment