Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Lorax Day display

Here is the start of my Lorax Day display.  I've made three 2 1/2 feet truffula trees that will be used in my book display.  Here is a picture of one of those trees and my display board:



I made the trees using a wrapping paper tube and a light weight fabric that I purchased from here.  
First I covered the tube in white fabric and used a black fabric marker to make the stripes.  I hot glued a 4" Styrofoam ball to the the end of the tube. The top of the tree was made by cutting fabric into squares.  I did not measure them as I cut. The squares were roughly 5".  Using straight pins at the center of a square I pinned individual squares all over the Styrofoam ball. 
*This picture shows a bowl for the base.  It was not stable enough for the tree.  A new base is in the works. An update will follow soon!




I will post the book display once the base for the trees is finished.  My wonderful husband is designing a base that will be steady enough to hold the trees.  Pictures will be up later this week.
Here's the book display with the Truffula Trees:

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment