Monday, January 28, 2013

Bear Den Craft

I stumbled upon this craft idea on Pinterest (which is so easy to do).  It's simple, but cute!  I'm actually making these in storytime tonight.

Here's the link to the original idea.  I made slight adjustments for storytime.

Here's what you need:

  • Small Styrofoam bowl
  • Small Styrofoam plate
  • Pom poms of varying sizes
  • Crayons
  • Glue
  • Hot Glue
  • Scissors


I had all my dens cut and hot glued together (bowl flipped upside down and glued to plate) prior to storytime.
The kids will be able to color the outside of their dens and decorate any way they like.
After they are finished decorating they can choose the pom poms (bears) they want to glue inside their dens.
And that's it!

Here's what the finished product looks like:

The books that I will be reading to go along with this craft are:
Old Bear by Kevin Henkes
The Bear Snores On by Karma Wilson

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment