Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Tile Coasters

This week the Teen Art Club made tiled coasters.  I cleaned out my parent's garage last month and found buckets full of old tiles that were never used.  I cleaned them up and brought them to the library along with a stash of my scrapbooking supplies.  The teens had lots of papers to choose from; washi tape, gems, and decals.  They went crazy with all that!  It was great to see their enthusiasm for this art project and their creativity.  Each teen had a unique style to their coasters.  Here's what they came up with.


This project cost me $0.00 because I had everything either at the library or at home.
To make these simply cut a 4"x4" piece of paper.
Mod Podge it to the tile.
Add any other items to coaster such as gems or decals.
Mod Podge over the entire piece and let dry.
Cut 4 small squares out of a sheet of cork and use Mod Podge to attach to the bottom of the tile.
Using a can of clear acrylic spray paint spray the tiles making sure the entire top surface is covered.
* Make sure you buy water resistant or water proof paint to seal the project and protect it from beverages.

No comments:

Post a Comment